12 July 2010

Trench Wood

My first visit to Trench Wood Reserve. It is managed for birds and Butterflies and there were certainly a lot of butterflies. Most numerous would undoubtedly be Ringlet but also seen were Meadow Brown, Gatekeeper, Peacock, Silver Washed Fritillary, White Admiral and Comma amongst others.

Trench Wood Nature Reserve

Horse Fly - Tabanus sp
This horse Fly landed on my windscreen as soon as I parked. It would have been rude not to take a picture.

White Admiral - Limenitis camilla
Finally manged to get a picture of one of these

Wasp
Not entirely sure which wasp this was but not the common one I don't think. My guess is that it is a Tree Wasp - Dolichovespula sylvestris

Sawfly
Just a bit different than the normal shot from above
Mirid Bug - (Deraeocoris ruber ?)
Seeing more of these at the moment of different varieties but finding it tricky to pin the ID down to actual species


Bush Cricket (female)
Like the Mirid Bugs I've not yet got to grips with species ID with these. It is a female though as it has an ovipositor (scimitar shaped bit at the back where eggs are produced) which males do not have.

No comments:

Post a Comment